Are Accounting degrees boring?

As a junior college student, I didn’t know what degree to pursue in university. All I knew was I didn’t want to be a lawyer, doctor or engineer but I wanted to have good grounding in running businesses and have a professional degree. As such, I chose Accountancy. 

📚When I joined Accountancy, I found the courses really holistic and interesting. Besides accounting, auditing and financial management, there were also courses like Law 101, Organisational Behaviour, Information Systems, Statistics, Communications etc which all came in handy when I started my career in Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) , Citi and now Experian Asia Pacific as we need to understand the drivers of balance sheet and P&L, know how to read financials and how to make better decisions using data and analytics. This applies whether you are a product manager or a P&L or business owner. 

As such, I would like to share that accounting degrees are not boring at all. 

🏄‍♀️In fact, as I found that the courses in Accountancy in Nanyang Technological University Singapore were the most interesting and useful for me in my entire education journey as I went down the business path instead of a science/maths path. 

🌈Hence, I think one should also consider the other career opportunities that come with an Accountancy degree as well, besides being an accountant or auditor. 

#accountancy #ntu #career #education #personaldevelopment #jenelim

See related news

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Morning

Barbie

Judgement Day