Buy-In

My ex staff told me recently that my advice to get “buy-in” was really useful for her in her career, even till now. We had worked together 10+ years ago. 

When there’s a proposal or changes to be made, she would circulate to the stakeholders who might have objections or concerns to get their inputs and hence, secure early buy-in first. This would allow the proposal to be approved smoothly and not be delayed or rejected at the last minute. 

A few more useful tips I would add on to get Buy-in :

🀝 Provide context 

🀝 Highlight the benefits of the proposal, especially any win-win-win position for customer, employee & company.

🀝 Be prepared to listen, understand, compromise and incorporate relevant feedback into the proposal. Where it’s not possible, explain why. 

🀝 Repeat this process multiple times over different proposals. Once there is trust established, and that stakeholders know that you do things the proper way (which is to prepare, get feedback, compromise and get buy-in), it should be easier to get buy-in for future proposals too. 

Happy Monday everyone. Do share more tips on getting buy-in with me.

Find these tips helpful? Click on the πŸ”” on my profile to follow all my posts. 

#work #worktips #career #buyin #consensus #effectiveness #career #personaldevelopment #jenelim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Morning

Barbie

Judgement Day