Public Speaking

Public speaking can be very scary. I remembered vividly the times in my school days when I was holding the microphone and my hands were trembling uncontrollably and the heart pounding loudly. 

However, through repeated practices over the years whilst 

🗳️ canvassing for votes to be faculty head or other committee head 
📣 leading the faculty in cheers
🎤 being wedding emcee for my friends 
🎙️ being emcee for company events 

the fear gradually subsided and public speaking came a bit more easily. 

And I continue to practise now, be it speaking at webinars, seminars or panels. I also supplement with trainings as well to continuously polish my skills. 

Hence, I conclude that fear of speaking can be overcome with practice and with training. 

What do you think? Any other tips on how to overcome fear of public speaking? 

#publicspeaking #practice #personaldevelopment #jenelim




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Morning

Barbie

Judgement Day